Tuesday, May 19, 2015

recipe for adulthood.



one of my goals for this year was to get my feet wet in the kitchen. i'm happy to report that my efforts have been pretty successful thus far. of course, i've hit a few bumps in the road. for example, my italian meatballs ended up being more like italian mush. (never underestimate the power of bread crumbs.) i've also spent an obnoxious amount of time wandering around grocery stores trying to find specific ingredients off my recipes. i think i have every grocery store in this town memorized by now. i've found a majority of my recipes on pinterest. its mind boggling to think of how people lived without that gold mine of inspiration.

here are some pics from the first three attempts: 







i'm realizing there's a lot more to being an adult than learning how to cook, but here's what i've learned about life from my short time in the kitchen thus far: 

1) changes start to happen in your life when your get shit done
2) know your weakness & play on your strengths 
3) you can decide which rules (& recipes) you break, just be prepared for the consequences 
4) you stop overfilling the trash can when you have to start emptying it. 

if you have any favorite recipes, please feel free to send them my way! 

xoxo, lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment