Thursday, December 19, 2013

the year in review.

wow. the year is almost over? already?! i feel like we say the same thing every year & i do in almost every post, but man they really do fly by!

as i think back on this year, it's all kind of a blur. it came as fast as it's leaving! so many fun, crazy, & happy things happened! of course this year came with it's struggles. my strength & faith was tested more than years past, but i do believe this is all god's plan for something greater than i could ever imagine or plan. which brings me so much peace.

here's my year in review to the best of my memory's capabilities:

january: rang in the new year with some very good friends. also had a fun winter photoshoot with mom. it's crazy how much i've changed in a year.



february: this was a hard one. my then boyfriend's dad passed away of cancer which was a very emotional time for him & his family. it was so hard to watch someone that i loved go through something so painful. in the short months that i knew frankie, he proved to be a true inspiration. i'll always keep the "orange" (the color of his fight) in my life & only try to live life like he did.

























march: i turned 18! i'm officially an adult! my cute dad bought me roses! love him.

























april: here come the "lasts." my last prom was perfect. i had the best time with the best people & i absolutely loved my dress! i'd wear it everyday if i could. (ps: notice the snow on the ground?! that's wisconsin for you)

























may: the last dance recital. this was especially a sad one for me. dance has been such a fun thing to look forward to for the past eleven years. our dance teacher also announced that she was retiring which made it extra special to be her last class.


















june: i graduated. (what?!) it still seems strange that high school is now a thing of the past. as much as i wanted school to be over with, i do miss kinda miss it. (wouldn't go back even for a day, though.)

























july: i died my hair! i know this isn't huge news, but it was for me. i've never done something that drastic to my hair before. it was liberating.


 august: i went to college! i was so nervous, but even after the first night i knew mankato was the right decision for me. college is so fun. here is a messy shot of my desk right after move in.

























september: adjusting to college life is what mainly took place this month. i was lucky that it happened quickly. i spent this month enjoying meeting new people & figuring out how "to do" college.

























october: halloween was the big event. i'd say forrest & jenny won for creativity. that may just be biased though.

























november: i was able to spend thanksgiving at home with my family. it was a nice little break from the hustle of school & it was so nice to have a delicious home cooked meal. the food from the caf just doesn't cut it for me.

























december: well this month is halfway over and i already accomplished my first semester of college! i'd day this was my biggest feat of the year. currently i'm enjoying my month off from school relaxing at home. it truly is the best time of year. here's one of my favorites from my photoshoot in the park with my best friend.


















2013, you sure did bring your a-game. i was given my fair share of trials & tribulations but i can definitely say they made me into a stronger & happier person. i can't wait to see where 2014 takes me. i hope you'll join me for the ride.

all my love, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment